Tuesday, July 12, 2016

You are what you eat!

So eating properly is more important for losing weight than exercising. NYT: Eating Less is Far More Important than Exercising THIS is my problem.  I think back to the times in my adult life where I was a smaller person, and don't recall eating much.  I was visiting my cousin a few years ago, and there was this movie from the 70s on tv.  EVERYBODY WAS SKINNY, like JJ from Good Times and young Diana Ross.  We asked my uncle, why was everyone so tiny?!  He said that food wasn't very popular back then the way it is now.  He said food is more accessible and on every corner these days...most people go out to eat a few times a week, back then, you went a few times a year...if you wanted food, you cooked at home, and food wasn't as cheap.

Here's a progress report.  I lost One POINT Five pounds.  Disappointing.  It's my fault.  I like to eat the wrong foods.  I like food.  Food is popular to me.  Bread tastes so delicious!  My favorite food is bread.  So if you are what you eat, I'm a soft, squishy, loaf of bread.  While it sounds appetizing or even appealing for the Pillsbury dough-boy, its not a good look for me. So this week, along with exercise, I'm focusing on increased water intake, portion control, and eating salad for lunch.  Salad is not fun.  I'm also motivated a little more because I plan to take a progress pic this week.  Because I know other's are watching, it's keeping me going.  Check back Sunday for my progress update!


7/2/2016 7/9/2016
Chest (in) 38 37
Waist (in) 33.5 33.25
Hips (in) 44.75 44
Inches loss (in) n/a 2
Weight (lbs) 181 179.5
Weight loss (lbs) n/a 1.5





















No comments:

Post a Comment