Sunday, July 17, 2016

Patience and self-discipline

I ate pretty well, worked out 6 days this week, and drank water.  I feel smaller, and fitter, but the pics and scale don't reflect how great I feel.  A pair of my jeans didn't leave red marks at the end of the day! Alan told me the other day, "your boobs are shrinking.  don't lose weight there."  Thank you so much dear husband for the feedback, I selected the wrong body part from where the weight should be lost, I shall correct it now. Based on my measurements, he made an accurate assessment.  I always lose chest first.  How sad :(  Next will be legs and thighs, waist will be last. 

Where do you lose weight first?  Where do you gain first?

I feel like my will power to not eat crap is getting stronger.  Week 1, I felt like food was calling my name.  As I walked though the market, every thing in the bakery said "hey Pam, take me home!"  I picked up a loaf of soft bread, whispered (use your Gollum voice), "My Precious! not today Precious," shed a tear as I gingerly put it down and walked away.  This week, I wasn't as tempted.  It's getting easier to make the right food decisions.  One of the things that has helped me is to really take my time before eating a snack to figure out if I'm really hungry.  First, have some water, wait 10 minutes, then if I'm still hungry, choose a healthy snack like raw almonds, or if it's within an hour of meal time, wait it out.  Weight-loss is a test of my patience and self-discipline. 

I'm purposefully wearing the same gear for the pictures, and it appears that my shirt is a bit looser!
Starting pic is on the left, 2 weeks later (today) on the right.







7/2/2016 7/9/2016 7/16/2016
Chest (in) 38 37 35.75
Waist (in) 33.5 33.25 33.25
Hips (in) 44.75 44 44.75
Total Inches lost n/a 2 2.5
Weight (lbs) 181 179.5 176.5
Total Weight loss  n/a 1.5 4.5

















































































No comments:

Post a Comment